Dr Zeeshan Arain
During the current pandemic, Zee is available for both face to face and telehealth consultations. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 4284 or book online.
Commenced at Midtown Medical Clinic May 2016.
Areas of special interest:
- All aspects of Sports Medicine
- All aspects of General Medicine
- Preventative Medicine
Zee enjoys all aspects of General Practice including mental health, weight loss and preventative medicine. He believes the roles of proper nutrition, exercise, stress management and adequate sleep are paramount in the prevention and treatment of most chronic diseases.
Zee is also very experienced in Sports Medicine. He has worked for several organisations and teams over the years including as the head doctor for the Melbourne Demons AFL club from 2013 to 2020. He has a particular interest in concussion, having worked for 4 years at the AFL in concussion research.
In addition to his work here he also works one day a week in the Emergency Department and is looking to get back involved in medical education having previously worked as a medical tutor at Monash University from 2016 – 2017.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery – Monash University 2003
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners 2013
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine – James Cook University 2013
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- Head Doctor Melbourne Football Club 2013 – 2020
- Malaysian track cycling team doctor 2016 – ongoing
- Melbourne Vicentre Swimming club doctor 2015 – 2016
- Concussion Consultant AFL 2016 – 2020
- Monash University PBL tutor 2016 – 2017
Personal Sporting Experience:
Zee tries to practice what he preaches and likes
Zee is available for consultation at Midtown Medical Clinic on Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
If you would like to arrange an appointment to see Zee book online or phone 9650 4284.