Dr James McLaren
During the current pandemic, James is available for both face to face and Telehealth consultations. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 4284.
Commenced at Midtown Medical Clinic December 2015.
Areas of special interest:
- All aspects of General Medicine
- Sports and Musculoskeletal Medicine
- Managing medical conditions and illnesses in exercise
James is a thorough and caring doctor who recognises the importance of managing general medical and health concerns along-side, and as well as, sports and musculoskeletal injuries and conditions.
Dr James McLaren is a sports doctor involved with WSL (World Surf League), assisting North Melbourne Football Club and providing independent match day coverage to Melbourne Rebels home matches. He was also a doctor at the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics with the Australian Team.
- MBChB (Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery) 2009
- Fellow of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Australasian College of Sports Physicians Registrar
Professional Memberships and Positions:
- Member AFL Medical Officers Association
- Member Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Member Australasian College of Sports and Exercise Physicians
Involvement with Teams and Associations:
- World Surf League Event Doctor – Bell’s Beach, Teahupoo Tahiti, Gold Coast, Taiwan, China
- North Melbourne Football Club – Assistant Doctor / VFL Doctor
- Super Rugby Independent Match Day Doctor
- 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympics – Australian Deputy Medical Officer
Personal Sporting Experience:
Outside of work James enjoys surfing, kite surfing, snowboarding and walking his dogs.
James is available for consultation Tuesday and Wednesday. To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 4284 or book online.