Specialist General Practitioner
Orthopaedic Surgical Assistant
Dr Emily Schilbach aims to practice all areas of General Medicine at the highest standard (full list of special interest areas below). She has a strong passion for skin conditions and offers individualised treatment plans, using prescription of medical grade skincare products. Emily looks forward to mentoring you to achieve your own Health and Wellness goals.
Emily graduated from Monash University in 2005 with Honours in Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. Her undergraduate training included a focus on Sport and Exercise Medicine, while also competing in tennis at state level. Emily completed her Internship and Residency years at The Royal Melbourne Hospital, The Royal Brisbane & Women's Hospital and the Royal Children's Hosptial. She has worked all over Australia as a locum in both city and rural areas and obtained her Fellowship of The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners in 2011.
Emily works with a number of Orthopaedic Surgeons, assisting them in operations (hip, knee, shoulder, foot & ankle). She has an extensive network of injury management professionals and is well equipped to consult on all injuries and musculoskeletal problems. She provides unbiased advcie on whether an injury is best managed with conservative rehabilitation (under a Physiotherapist, Myotherapist, Podiatrist, Osteopath or Exercise Physiologisst) or whether surgical intervention may be necessary.
DR SCHILBACH'S SPECIAL INTEREST AREAS INCLUDE:
- Travel Medicine
- Women's Health - (Fertility, Family Planning, IVF, Egg freezing, Implanon Insertion)
- Sexual Health Checks
- Skin conditions and cosmeceutical skincare product advice
- Preventative Health & Wellness - (Thorough Health Assessments, long term individualised health plans)
- 45 - 49 year old Health Assessments
- Chronic Disease Management (Medicare EPC) Plans
- Nutrition, Weight and balanced lifestyle advice
- Gastrointestinal & Gut Health, Food Intolerances
- Sleep Disorders - (Insomnia, Excessive tiredness, Sleep Apnoea)
- Asthma, Allergies & Respiratory - (Asthma Management Plans, Hay Fever / allergic rhinitis)
- Ear Nose and Throat (ENT) - (Sinusitis, Nasal obstruction, blocked & painful ears)
- Musculoskeletal, Sport & Exercise Medicine - (Injury management, Hypermobility, Postural pains, Office Ergonomics & Workstation setup, Osteroarthritis, Back & Neck pain)
- Hair Loss - (Make & Female Androgenic Alopecia)
- Mental Health Care Plans & Counselling - (Life Coaching for Relationship, Family & Career issues, Workplace bullying, Healthy Lifestyle Balance)
Emily is currently available for consultation each Wednesday and Thursday.
To arrange an appointment please phone 9650 4284 or book online.